sunnuntai 22. toukokuuta 2011

I think it is just silly to throw something away only because it is too old or is out of date. I'm a big believer in taking care after your things (regardless what they might be) and I believe that it is always a good idea to try to fix something first if it breaks down. If you can't do it yourself, it doesn't mean that it gives you a permission to get rid of it. Oh no :) I passionately hate it when people chuck things away without giving it a second thought. I mean, if you have something that cannot be fixed and repaired anymore or repairing itself would cost considerably more than a new one then fair enough, take your clothes, furniture, books etc. to a recycling centre. But do not bin anything that might help someone else!

Right, so now I can get to my actual point: I'd like to get an old reading chair upholstered. I'm moving flats this summer and I'm trying to reuse and adopt as many old items as possible. I have a long list of things that I need to get and I don't see the point of buying everything new. I'm very aware of the fact that for instance upholstering that old reading chair would cost me a lot of money, but having it done and having the chair there with me would be amazing. I'd love it. So now we shall see how low I can in reality bargain the price down. 




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti