tiistai 20. syyskuuta 2011

Flower talk

We used to have flowers at home relatively often when I was a child. I remember always liking them and thinking to myself that once I grow older I will also have flowers in my house.

I think flowers are an easy way to make any home look warm and welcoming. I have been keeping a vase of flowers on the kitchen table, so every time I go in, I will have something that welcomes me to the room. Because, at the end of the day, I personally think that it is all about the little details and small things that can make you feel good and happy about something and you don't necessarily need to have expensive things around you to do the same.

At least for me, little silly details in my daily routines are something that I enjoy having, and the best thing is that the sky is really the limit when it comes down to deciding what works for you. Little luxuries can be anything, just a little bit of imagination and voilá! For example, a bouquet of flowers, linen napkins, good hand cream in a beautiful glass pot on my night site table or apples in a lovely bowl on the kitchen table are my little daily luxuries, which I do not mind spending a little money on. I have always enjoyed aesthetically beautiful things whether they were flowers, glass pots, combination of colours, combinations of textures or interesting shapes and forms. Almost everything goes as long as it pleases my eye.

So here is a little ode for my lovely daily luxuries and eye catchers: flowers.

Lilies the flower of death. Hah, nice. Well, I think lilies are the most beautiful flowers on earth so I don't really care whether they are traditionally connected with funerals or not. I cannot emphasise enough how much I love these flowers. I have simply admired them since I first laid my eyes on these beauties -especially the white and pink ones. My newest find has been calla lilies that I brought home for the first time yesterday (dark purple lilies underneath the white ones)



Carnations the flowers of good luck. Like these in white and salmon pink.



Tulips yes love them! Whites, purples and light pinks are definite on the favourite list.



Lavenders remind me of the French Riviera and the Provence area, so these light violet beauties will always have a special place in my heart and mind.




Roses the ultimate flowers of love -erhm NOT in my mind! In fact, personally, I don't think roses are very nice flowers anyway- unless they are white or light orange. Then I do like roses too, but it is completely different story with red, yellow, pink and blue roses. Seriously, I cannot stand them :) I know this is not a girly thing to say, but yeah red roses (especially) send cold shivers down my spine - and those shivers are not the good ones you might get at times :D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti