keskiviikko 28. joulukuuta 2011

This week's theme is 'Be organised and sort out the rest of 2011 things'. Yes indeed. The year is turning to next during the weekend (good God for that!) and on Sunday we all are able to enjoy the first day of 2012.

The last week of 2011

Monday:
Boxing Day! In Helsinki, this doesn't mean a national Christmas Sale shopping day, it means visiting relatives and friends and wishing them merry Christmas. During the day we had a family lunch at my aunty's and later in the evening I went to one of my best friend's family gathering. Laura and I have known each other for almost 20 years and her family is almost as close as my own. So it does feel nice when you are always considered as a family member even though you are not blood related. So that was my Boxing Day.

Tuesday:
Ok this was the national After Christmas Sales shopping day for all -well expect for those working ;). As good troopers do, mum and I woke up early and hit the shops in the early afternoon. It was good to finally get out of the house. However, as I wrote earlier, this year's purpose was not to clear the garment rails, in fact the opposite :) Later that day, I saw my lovely Elli for coffee. Her Tapanintanssit episode the previous night made me laugh so hard, bless <3 After a good chat I hit the gym. Well, gym and aerobics, and it felt fantastic.

Wednesday:
S-O-R-T-I-N-G//  O-U-T//  E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G
from a to z (or to ö) also making siskonmakkarakeitto, having the best nap of 2011 and having a walk with Laura.

Thursday:
Two hour work out session in the morning, handing in passport applications to the police station, and making amazing crepes au citron at home

Friday:
Hairdresser's appointment in the morning, lunch with Elli before sending her off to the airport and back to England, and in the evening working as much as I possibly can.

Saturday:
NYE with friends. Plans include eating out, going out, and definitely not sleeping out, as I was told to bring my pyjamas; apparently quite many hotel rooms have been booked for the night.

Sunday:
Hotel breakfast in the morning. I'm not even ashamed to admit that a hotel breakfast buffet is one aspect I'm always waiting to see when spending a night in a hotel. I think the breakfast tells quite a lot about the hotel. You can have the most beautiful place, the nicest room on earth and the beyond polite and helpful staff making sure your stay is as comfortable as possible, but if the breakfast buffet is not good, the whole experience will flop and make you disappointed. Personally I'm happy as long as you have a lot to choose from the buffet and the food is fresh and tasty. Unfortunately, you really cannot take these things for granted these days. As far as I'm concerned, poor breakfast makes me really think twice whether it is worth to check into that particular hotel a second time or not, because the breakfast buffet disappointment is something that you take home with you. In the afternoon, we are going to a 1st of January 2012 celebration dinner to a family friend's house.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti