lauantai 31. maaliskuuta 2012

This week has been so lovely weather wise. We have had our first Spring heatwave flushing over us, which has meant that the temperature has risen all the way up to +23'C! I recall one day at work sitting outside on a balcony for a short while and you could feel how strongly the sun was burning. It was bright so you had to close your eyes which is lovely and annoying at the same time.Also, you couldn't sit there too long because it got pretty hot and the UV rays were burning the top layers of your skin quite quickly. Well, at least they were burning mine, as my skin is typically Scandinavian in a sense of my skin is fair and thin so I need to be quite careful with sun -especially after winter when I am as pale as Snow White herself.

Because of the beautiful weather we decided to pop to JW Marriot Grosvenor House's restaurant bar JW Steakhouse outside terrace for evening drinks on Thursday. It was a good evening and  really made me enjoy the fact that I am living in London.

Also speaking about restaurants, I went to Baltic Restaurant for lunch this week. I loved the interior deco made by Seth Stein Architects! The funny thing is that you would never guess what the place looks inside if you just walk past it. The outside bit has a small area with three small tables for people to dine outside. This fools you easily, but when you go inside the 19th century building and carry on walking past the narrow bar, a bright beautiful terrace space in two levels opens in front of you. You have a warm mixture of dark amber and white painted walls with a natural fiber optic light installation hanging from the ceiling. It was pretty stunning.





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti